Both King Charles and Catherine, Princess of Wales have been discharged from The London Clinic hospital after undergoing surgeries.
The king was treated for an enlarged prostate while Princess Kate underwent abdominal surgery — announced on January 17 to the public within hours of one another.
WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE: King Charles and Princess Kate discharged from hospital.
Stream the world’s best reality, entertainment and true crime shows for free on 7Bravo on 7plus >>
Charles emerged from the hospital doors on Monday afternoon after a three-night stay alongside his wife Queen Camilla.
His exit was three hours after his daughter-in-law who made a much more hush-hush departure from the hospital.
Following Kate’s exit after her two-week stay, the palace confirmed she had returned home.
King Charles and Queen Camilla leave the hospital. Credit: theroyalfamily/InstagramKensington Palace released a statement on Princess Kate’s recovery. Credit: princeandprincessofwales/Instagram
“The Princess of Wales has returned home to Windsor to continue her recovery from surgery,” the statement read.
“She is making good progress.
“The Prince and Princess of Wales wish to say a huge thank you to the entire team at The London Clinic, especially the dedicated nursing staff, for the care they have provided.
“The Wales family continues to be grateful for the well-wishes they have received from around the world.”
Princess Kate visits a hospital in 2023. Credit: GettyPrince William seen leaving The London Clinic after visiting Catherine, Princess of Wales. Credit: Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Kate is expected to remain out of the public eye until Easter.
Her husband Prince William visited her every day at the hospital however their three children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis were not seen publicly.
Meanwhile, the palace shared a photo of the King smiling at cameras as he exited the hospital.
“Thank you to all those who have sent their good wishes during The King’s hospital stay,” the caption read.
“His Majesty is delighted that his diagnosis is having a positive impact on public health awareness.”
King Charles departs with Queen Camilla after receiving treatment for an enlarged prostate at The London Clinic on January 29, 2024. Credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images
The health scares continue for the royal family after it was announced last week that Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York is battling an aggressive form of skin cancer just months after breast cancer.
The former wife of Prince Andrew said that the news was a “shock” and has also undergone surgery to remove the malignant melanoma.
“I have been taking some time to myself as I have been diagnosed with malignant melanoma, a form of skin cancer, my second cancer diagnosis within a year after I was diagnosed with breast cancer this summer and underwent a mastectomy and reconstructive surgery,” she wrote on Instagram on January 23.
A spokesperson for the royal said Ferguson was in “good spirits” after the operation, with the news confirmed by The Mirror in the UK.
Sarah Ferguson has addressed her cancer diagnosis. Credit: sarahferguson15/Instagram
“Following her diagnosis with an early form of breast cancer this summer, Sarah, Duchess of York has now been diagnosed with malignant melanoma,” the statement said.
“Her dermatologist asked that several moles were removed and analysed at the same time as the duchess was undergoing reconstructive surgery following her mastectomy, and one of these has been identified as cancerous.
“She is undergoing further investigations to ensure that this has been caught in the early stages.
“Clearly, another diagnosis so soon after treatment for breast cancer has been distressing but the duchess remains in good spirits.”
For more engaging celebrity content, visit 7Life on Facebook.